India is known for its world renowned tourism destinations and chances are that you have already heard about most of these places. But how many of us have heard about the most dangerous places in India? Most lists do not include such places because they have been deemed dangerous for tourists. Yet, there are quite a lot out there who strive on adverse conditions and living on the edge is simply a way of living.
Listed below is a few of the places famous, or rather notorious, for its spine chilling experiences.
Indian Dangerous Traveling spots
- Thekaddy wildlife sanctuary: You may have heard about the amazing boating trip here, but most of us may not have a clue about the trekking expeditions deep into the forest. This is a forest that is home to elephants, wild buffaloes and tigers. If you are up for it, sign up for this expedition and experience your survival instincts in the wild.
- Rohtang Pass: The name Rohtang literally translates to a pile of dead bodies and is no exaggeration by any standards. The unpredictability of the weather here, like any other place in the Himalayas, coupled with the narrow roads, avalanches and huge piles of snow can discourage most adventure seekers. Government officials strictly warn against visiting Rohtang during the winter, thus making it one of India’s most dangerous places to visit.
- Kishtwar Kailash Road: If you are an acrophobic, this one is not for you. Even the ones with a lot of adventure in their blood, finds the narrow strip of roads literally hanging in the sky, a bit too much for their taste. The danger of a mudslide in these already narrow roads is very much present, which adds to the risk factor.
- Dras: Cold, cold and more cold. There isn’t a better way to describe this place. But if you somehow manage to survive the cold that eats in to your bone and make your way through untraversable roads and snowstorms, you are in for the treat of a lifetime. The mesmerizing beauty of this place is only matched by the solitude it offers, sometimes a bit too much for most people.
- Kolli Hills: Hairpin bends can take a toll on any driver, no matter how good they are. Imagine 70 hairpin bends and to top it all, a ghost that can lure you anytime and then drink your blood! Not the kind of vacation you would have imagined, right? But, it is these factors which makes it a must-see place for the adrenaline junkies out there.
- Stok Kangri Trek: Nestled high up in the Himalayas at a mind boggling 6000 feet, it is any trekker’s delight. But the freezing temperatures, acute shortage of Oxygen, tricky ascents, howling winds and snowstorms can quickly turn your trekking trip into a nightmare.
The above list may not include all the dangerous places to be visited in India, but definitely covers the most important ones. Are you game?
445 total views, 1 views today